Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Crop Ratio Shorcut.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone / anyone.

I complete a lot of wedding photography assignments and as packages i provide edited  and cropped photos.

I edit all the photos, then crop them all afterwards.

I find the keyboard shortcuts of R to open crop and X to rotate the crop very handy.

I only crop in 3 sizes, 10x8, 12x8 & 16x8.

Is there anyway to assign a keyboard shortcut, so that when the crop window is open, I push one key to change the crop ratio to one of the above?

Im thinking something like this, i open the crop with R, push the number 1 button and it changes the ratio to 10x8, then i can scale my crop without ever taking the mouse from the image.

At present I have to push R, move the mouse off the image and click on original, then select 4x5 / 10x8 from the drop down menu then go back to the image to change the scale and apply the crop.

When I'm cropping around 1000 images in a go, a little shortcut as above would make a huge difference to the time it takes to edit.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Any Crop plugin lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to up to five crop presets. On Windows, you'll have to install the free Autohotkey utility to enable the shortcuts, or be willing to type Alt + F, U, Return, 1 to invoke the prests.  Any Crop also has other features for helping high-volume editors with crops.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines