Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping Issue

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I crop images they are becomming blurred. If I use the crop tool with a perfectly sharp image after I confirm the crop, the resulting image is no longer sharp.

I am attaching an example of an image before and after cropping.

If I expeort it it is sharp again, but in the viewer it is not sharp. This makes editing it furter quite tricky.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Tom 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the same examples shown in one screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance tab). Any better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I unchecked 'Generate Previews in parallel'. Is that what you meant?

I have actually made a mistake - it has nothing to do with cropping. It actually only happens when I change the angle in the crop menu - ie if I straighten out an image which I have not shot straight.

Unchecking 'Generate Previews in parallel' does not help this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any difference in sharpness whatsoever in your screenshot.

To evaluate sharpness, you have to view the image at 100% view, where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel.

Changing the crop angle may lead to reduced sharpness, because the image will be resampled.

If you're going to post more screenshots, please use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

image_2022-03-30_190030.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that isn't the preference I was speaking of:

Prefs.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines