Cropping misery in Adobe Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the most annoying thing in Lightroom is: when you're in crop mode, the crop window gets way to small to see the actual crop properly, the falling part of the crop is that i care the less.. but it fills 70 percent of the working area. Also the canvas should fit automatically to the middle... On the second screen shot i pressed the L key, do darken the falling area. But the problem here is the same. While in crop there is no possibility to zoom either....  A percentage auto zoom could be very useful. Another thing that would be very handy is, when in full screen mode (F), and crop mode(R), using the screen itself as a cropping or masking window, and moving the image itself around with a hand tool? This something  that Adobe should definietely work on. It would help greatly my workflow.

Névtelen-1.jpgcrop-problem.jpg

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-enable-zoom-with-crop-tool/... 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. Adobe developers don't participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the cropping interface can be a bit limiting, but things can be improved a little.

Shift+Tab key toggles off (then later back on) both the side panels and also the Filmstrip. If the Toolbar is open, T key toggles this also. So you can use that extra screen space temporarily.

On my screen, doing these two things enlarges the cropping display by 25% height (which is especially the limiting dimension when portrait): this I do find enough generally speaking - on a 2560x1440px display.

I certainly would appreciate zoom sometimes while tweaking the crop, though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines