• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl + Shift + S opens "save as" dialog instead of sync settings

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using LrC, after hopping between develop mode and grid view a few times, ctrl+shift+s stops opening the sync develop settings dialog for me, and instead opens a "save as" dialog. 

LrC doesn't even have a "save as" option? This is what confuses me the most!

The only way to make this stop is restart the program.

Support tells me this is due to conflicting commands and I should reset preferences and/or uninstall + reinstall.

Has anyone else had this issue happen? How did you solve it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reviving this thread! I still experience this error all the time. I notice it most often once I have had LrC open for a few hours and have run an export. The error is indeed a file export selection window that pops up (but not the same as hitting shift+ctrl+E). 

Another error I have frequently is that exporting photos just doesn't work. I wait for minutes and the progress bar in the upper left-hand corner just doesn't move. There will be 3-5 ghost files in the export location, but they never change into actual image files.

Restarting the program is the only way to solve both issues. If I'm spending a day editing (like a whole wedding) I have to restart multiple times, which is a huge waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently moved to a new computer running Windows 11 Pro and the latest version of Lightroom Classic and I still get this issue from time to time. So it's still alive and kicking! 🙂 Such a waste of time. Very annoying. I hope you've had better luck with it since January!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, Adobe. You really have not solved this bug for years? Sometimes (very often) I feel you must be desperete in some ways developing this software which is for years kind of slow, buggy, slugish. I just can't trust you really know what you are doing. Wrong people in development? Maybe. 

Shame on you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines