Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

d7500 not loading RAW files to light room

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 

can someone help me i cant download RAW files taken with my new d7500 into lightroom. i have lightroom 5 . do i need to upgrade my lightroom ? i want to know befor purchasing if this will make a difference? or is this a common problem. my previous nikon d7100 uploads RAW files fine to this version of lightroom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon D7500 was first supported by Lightroom 6.12 so indeed Lightroom 5 will not be able to read your NEF files (https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html ). You have two options now. One, you can download the free DNG converter from Adobe (see here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html ) and convert your NEF files to dng files that will be readible by Lightroom 5. You can also subscribe to the latest Lightroom Classic app (MAKE SURE TO GET THE VERION CALLED CLASSIC AS WHAT IS CALLED LIGHTROOM IS A DIFFERENT APP- LIGHTROOM CLASSIC IS CLOSEST TO LIGHTROOM 5 in user interface and features). The Photographer bundle is the one that includes Classic and also comes with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 7100 is old enough that it is compatible with Lightroom 5. However, the 7500 is too new. If you want to be able to work with the native NEF files it will be necessary for you to subscribe to the photography plan and install Lightroom Classic. If you want to stay with Lightroom 5 then you can download the free DNG converter and use it to convert your NEF files to the DNG format, and then import those files using Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom 5 is way too old that it cannot read RAW files generated by new digital cameras... I recommend that you upgrade to a newer version of Lightroom. In case you do not want to upgrade, you may use another software to convert your new NEF files to DNG file format (which is a universal raw image format developed by Adobe and hopefully, is supported in every version of Lightroom). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines