Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Daylight color temperature localized problem

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a problem I run into often and was wondering if there was a way to correct in LR.  In shooting installations with artificial lighting during the day, once you balance for the interior lighting you get a blue cast for daylight. Is there an easy way to correct for the blue color temperature shift without affecting artwork, etc on the wall?  I've attached two examples of the problem.  

Thanks,

SR

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

LR 10.1.1

Camera Raw 13.1

PS 2021 22.1.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your two examples, all the light should be of one type. Take a WB reading in the camera and go with it.

For mixed lighting, you need to set the WB for one area using the general settings then fix the second area using an adjustment brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Vibrance slider to oversaturate the blue areas on the whole photo and then I brushed over the blue areas with the Adjustment Brush and then used the Color Range mask to select just the blue areas.  I then set the Global Vibrance to 0 (you can use gobal adjustments while the local adjustments are active) and adjusted the Local Temp and Saturation.  I got the following.  Not great but better than the original.

AFTER

0004.jpg0009.jpg

BEFORE

0004.jpg0009.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bob, 

Thanks for your response.  I guess my question was geared toward using the color range msk in the gradient or brush tool.  I find it makes very little difference when I make my selection for the color.  Where did you make it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines