Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Deactivation/Activation Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have once again forgotten to deaktivate my Lightrrom before reinstalling my OS.

I would love to contact support to reset the activation-regestriation but I have no idea where and how I can contact support. No phone numbers, no chat, nada to be found on the adobe website ...

Can anybody help please?

Thanks Thomas 

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021
Found a support phone number , very helpful and resolved. Please ignore this message, it seems very difficult to find ways to contact Adobe Support via the website. 

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a support phone number , very helpful and resolved. Please ignore this message, it seems very difficult to find ways to contact Adobe Support via the website. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the support number? It's quite impossible to find adequate support for this product. I can't find any way to engage them through chat, email, or phone.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I judt saw your messsge, I just rung Adobe in Frankfurt. Not sure what region support they give outside Germany but they help right away. Cleared the activationlist and all worked again.

+49 69 500 71 855 Adobe Kundendienst

Hope this will help. Cheers T

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update on my situation. I was able to contact the tech support through in-browser chat. For some reason, in 2 of my browsers (Firefox and MS Edge - the new one), the Contact Us button doesn't launch the chat. Only in Chrome was I able to launch the chat. In about 10-15 minutes, I had my issue resolved. It might be some browser extensions that I had in FF and Edge that prevented the chat pop-up, so that was very frustrating until I got it to work. But thanks for the number - this might be helpful for someone else here!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas , 

I have same problem with LR6  , but unfortunatelly in POLAND dooesn't exist any call service of ADOBE . Only chat on Adobe web , which don't want to hel me , because LR6 isn't more supported . I feel robbed , really !  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too. they just won't help because support ended a few months ago. does anyone have another solution for this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to try, I was lucky till now. But I now also make a Vitualmaschine of my new install, So I can go back any deactivate the old install if needed or you make an image of your install and keep it up to date in case of a reimage. Otherwise I can not suggest anything else.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from this Chat link:  Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for DEACTIVATION of Lr6.

If the agent can't do it, ask for a supervisor and persevere.   Deactivation is all they can help you with because Lr6 is discontinued and unsupported software.

It is happening more often that some Support Staff say it cannot be done, yet others kindly oblige.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply WobertC, I just tried again and it was fixed within 5 minutes!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it it depends on who you contact when you do the live chat. You have to stress that all you want is to reset activations. Some of the support personnel will do it and others will not. From what I have been able to determine, some of  them will work with you while others won't. Officially, support for Lightroom 6 has ended, and anyone still using that version is doing so without any  promise that it will continue to function properly.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_sti... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply, another support employee just helped me, no questions asked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines