• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivation of old computers to allow new activation - Lightroom 6 (i have the disk)

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, while tying to activate Lightroom 6 on my new laptop I get license limit error.  Without getting into all the details, I need to get the license count reduced so I can use on new laptop (replacing crashed laptop) and reloaded on iMac due to improper deactivation while trying to get new laptop activated.  

I have searched the forum, deactivated ad-blocking, changed browsers, new searches in forums, and reclicked links all in an effort to find a chat screen.  Can not find it - can someone please help me?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to contact Adobe directly and Ask them to reset your activations. Here is a link:

Contact Adobe-live chat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, contacted Adobe who, after "checking your account", then asking for more information, respond

"Support is no longer available for your product version. Phone and chat support is not available for free or discontinued software or services. You are welcome to visit our Community Support Forum: https://community.adobe.com/ where you can post questions, and potentially find answers for your product version. The forums are updated by other Adobe product users, worth noting that the community experts will not be able to assist with : registration, activation, download, and/or installation issues."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a private message to @CMass , she has been helping with these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you; I will try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIP: make sure cookies are enabled and pop ups not blocked otherwise the Chat dialogue box will not be visible. 

When I finally connected with Chat on Monday, problem was solved QUICKLY.  I did not get too much help from AdobeCare24x7Live@outlook.com on the weekend.  Many, many brief and abrupt questions lead no where, over a 24 hour period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe people are gneraly really helpful! Especially when you explain that the deactivation was messed up by trying to reinstall. Of course they want you to get the newer version, which is truly wonderful, however they do realize that many people cannot use the newer Adobe versions because their computers cannot use them!

Hang in there - Adobe help does work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines