Default Radial Filter State

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 11 and I have to say the new masking interface will take some getting used to.  One major issue for my workflow is regarding radial filters.  In the past, when I went to apply a new radial filter to a photo the preset I used when applying the last filter would be the starting point to this new filter as well.

That is still the case, except for one major thing.  The invert option is always unchecked for every new radial filter created.  

I use radial filters to apply vignette's to my images so obviously I need the invert box to be checked.  The new interface, with it unchecking every time, really slows this process down.

Is there a a way for radial filters to default to be inverted?

TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you preload your adjustment brushes?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean.  I do have a preset "effect" that I select from the dropdown menu.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select an adjustment brush, and move sliders before clicking on the image, before placing a pin, the brush will be preloaded with this settings for the next time you use the brush.

However, I just tested, and the invert option button, does not get effected by this in my case.

I am not having your issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current behavior regarding the persistence or remembering of the default state of the Radial Filter is as designed. It will always default to "Inside" for the effect. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.  It would be nice if it would default to the last used value as in previous versions rather than always to the "Inside."  But thank you for your response!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While appreciating that it doesn't fully address the issue described, you might find that tapping the apostrophe ( ’ ) key to toggle the Invert On/Off eases the pain a little.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  That has been my workaround for the time being.  It helps.  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, but this is beyond frustrating. I use this constantly and it completely wrecks my workflow. The apostrophe workaround is fine for a day or two, but please add an option for invert to be checked each time we go to use the radial filter. I'm so frustrated right now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see I missread the original post. My bad.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the world-exclusive first LIGHTROOM MASKING TUTORIAL! A massive update to the Adobe Lightroom suite of apps (and Adobe Camera Raw) will be release...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines