• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dehaze behaving seems broken in 10.4 Release

Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the 10.4 release, the dehaze slider doesn't do what it's supposed to do anymore.

Ninarama_0-1631914632836.png

Setting dehaze to 100% barely does anything to this image, as if it is masked or something. But it isn't masked in any way:

Ninarama_1-1631914681276.png

Even after "Reset Development Setting", the dehaze behaves as strange as before.

It also happens to other images. It looks like there is a different and random"luminosity cut-off" for each image for dehaze, because only an upper region of the histogram changes when using the dehaze slider.
I will have to go back to the previous version, this is not really usable.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The orangish tint. Why does it look like a mask overlay is visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Critique

For that photo, back off on several sliders, specifically contrast, and clarity (would have included texture as well had it been touched).

Dehaze works differently from contrast, texture and clarity, and I have found that with large amounts of contrast or clarity, dehaze behaves poorly. (for these sliders, anything past 5 is a bit much, 15 large, 40 huge (that one is odd, why so much global contrast).

You might want to double click on Tone, and start over. Handle the exposure, the white point and the black point, then tweak dehaze, before even thinking about contrast, texture, clarity, saturation, vibrance.

Also, what in the photo is causing you to want to dehaze? The whole photo, or a part? Id it the sky? Then try a local adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working as expected on my system using your screenshot with your LrC settings applied and Dehaze set to 0. Try using the Creative Cloud app to uinstall and then reinstall LrC 10.4.

Ninarama_0-1631914632836_Dehaze 100.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that this behaviour wasn't because of the new Release, so it's not something new, but I never had this behaviour before.
Maybe it's because this is an HDR image with a really wide dynamic range (7 images) and somehow dehaze can't handle that anymore. That's strange because with other HDR images I didn't really have that problem. I "solved" it now differently by using other methods like a gradient layer and just pulling the blacks down some more.

Ninarama_0-1631921727823.png

That at least doesn't include the Halos that dehaze sometimes creates 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post your DNG to dropbox? For experimentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines