• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Custom Aspect Ratios in LR CC 8.2

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the answer, but SURELY we can delete unnecessary custom aspect ratios we entered somehow? Does anyone know how to do that? The only discussions I've seen of this are quite old (and the answer was always "Nope!" which seems crazy to me.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

You get to define up to three custom aspect ratios, (or was that five) as soon as you define a fourth, the first one gets deleted and replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get to define up to three custom aspect ratios, (or was that five) as soon as you define a fourth, the first one gets deleted and replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was mighty quick. Thank you so much! (And yes, it's five.) Now I have to make some sensible ones just to get rid of the mistakes I made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete it them from the code inside the preference file (if using a Mac) which you can find in User>Library>Preferences>com.adobe.lightroomCC.plist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where?? I cant found! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This being the Lightroom-CLASSIC forum, you can define a "Custom Crop" in the Aspect Ratio drop-down menu: [Enter Custom...]

2023-02-25 08_07_58-MONOCHROME WORKSHOP - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I need delete a bad apsect ratio! 

I cant find that option in the file! 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/deleting-custom-aspect-ratios-in-lr-cc-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will spend more time searching a Preference file than necessary.

Easier to simply save FIVE 'Good' ratios in the [Enter Custom...] menu and you will 'delete' any 'bad' ones.

As stated earlier- the Custom Ratios will never show more than five, and as you add new ones the old ones will disappear.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're absolutely right in the world, but it's my knock! You can't see them there! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines