• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleting duplicates in LR classic

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported images from a previous catalogue into current catalogue. Despite it saying it was checking for duplicates, there are thoudands of them - usually virtual copies. I am slowly deleting them by highlighting a few (up to 100 at a time)  and removing them. Thjis is hurting my shoulders!! Is there a quicker way?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

In the Filter Bar, select virtual copies, then Select All, then delete. (NOTE: this will delete the virtual copies created BEFORE you did this import, maybe you don't want that).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

After you do this in the Filter Bar, the photos shown should all have the "virtual copy" icon, which is the "turned up page" at the bottom left of the thumbnail image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Filter Bar, select virtual copies, then Select All, then delete. (NOTE: this will delete the virtual copies created BEFORE you did this import, maybe you don't want that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Will explore that.

J

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - No luck - I couldn't select virtual copies in the Filter Bar.. There wasn't this option and typing in virtual copies ddnt work either.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can select Virtual Copies in the Filter Bar

Click on Attribute, then click on the Virtual Copy icon

2022-05-07 10_04_46-Lightroom v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - thanks. That worked

Yes done that. But now I'm not sure they are all copies and i will lose them from thr catalog. I  see immediately images that i have already deleted this morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you do this in the Filter Bar, the photos shown should all have the "virtual copy" icon, which is the "turned up page" at the bottom left of the thumbnail image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought ... if you have a backup of the catalogs BEFORE you did this combining of catalogs, then start over, don't allow the virtual copies to be created.

See item 5 after you scroll down to "Import Photos from a different Lightroom Classic catalog"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all that advice. I also clicked the icon next to Virtual copies and it threw up the orignials as well which is marginally quicker than scrolling through all images.

I understand what you are saying about 'start again'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines