• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting synced files from LR Classic collection from mobile device?

Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am presently traveling and working with synced files on my iPad. If I delete an image with the iPad will that original file stored on my desktop HDD also get deleted?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Hi DdeGannes,

If you have originally synced your images from Lightroom Classic CC to all the Lightroom mobile devices then, if you delete any image from Lightroom mobile device, it will remove the image from the Lightroom Classic CC collection only. You will still have all the images under "All Photographers" in Lightroom Classic CC catalog.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DdeGannes,

If you have originally synced your images from Lightroom Classic CC to all the Lightroom mobile devices then, if you delete any image from Lightroom mobile device, it will remove the image from the Lightroom Classic CC collection only. You will still have all the images under "All Photographers" in Lightroom Classic CC catalog.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer.

NO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply. Being away from my desktop I just wanted to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines