• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deletion of RAWs and keeping only the JPEGs without losing adjustments, tags and geoinfo

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

the option "treat JPEG files next to RAW files as separate photos" is disabled, so RAW+JPEG are shown as one photo in the grid. It seems as all adjustments, tags and geo-info are only applied to the RAW file though. Cause if I disable that option and resync one folder, the JPEG is shown next to the RAW but they do not have any tags or other info.

Problem is now that disk space is filling up quickly with huge RAW-files so I though I will cleanup my catalogue by deleting all the RAWs I wont ever need and only keep the JPEGs for those photos. And then only keep the RAWs that are worth an edit, based on star-rating, color-markup or whatever. But if I do this, I would have to re-tag my whole library.

Does anyone have a good idea how I could solve this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly what I was looking for - I was not sure if it also covers the GPS geodata but it does. Just tested it successfully, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines