• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desire to be able to disable built-in lens profile applied

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those cameras where in the Lens Correction panel, we are presented with "built-in lens profile applied"

Now, I would place this under ideas but:

• I think I can assume an existing request for change exists, but I cannot find it
  • Maybe workarounds already exists, and fellow members will correct me before embarrassing myself

But why would I want to, is an obvious question, under what circumstances? Some would be:

• Using camera line glass meant for the camera, but I chose to have the in-camera corrections turned off.
  • Using legacy glass via an adapter
  • Using third party glass built for the camera, but is not corrected in camera.

Mind you, this would require new lens profiles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

"I think I can assume an existing request for change exists, but I cannot find it"

It's in the Camera Raw forum, which is why you didn't find it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/camera-raw-lightroom-classic-lightroom-ecosystem-disable-built-in-lens-profile/idi-p/12221146

(In the old feedback.photoshop.com forums, a single post could be filed under both Lightroom and Camera Raw. But in the merger of the old forum with this forum, a single post can only be in one or the other,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I think I can assume an existing request for change exists, but I cannot find it"

It's in the Camera Raw forum, which is why you didn't find it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/camera-raw-lightroom-classic-lightroom-ecosystem-dis...

(In the old feedback.photoshop.com forums, a single post could be filed under both Lightroom and Camera Raw. But in the merger of the old forum with this forum, a single post can only be in one or the other, not both. This will surely cause some more confusion.)

This feature request was implemented in LR 9.4 / Camera Raw 12.4:

"Rikk Flohr: Photography • Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2020
This has been implemented for select camera models going forward from the August release (Camera Raw 12.4, Lightroom Classic 9.4 and LIghtroom Desktop 3.4). There are no plans to make this retroactive to previously released camera models."

Unfortunately, Adobe still hasn't documented the new behavior.  But see:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-4-cloud-3-4/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just my thoughts, Cameras that insert specific lens corrections in the RAW file header do because that is by design and they require the correction to be applied. They do not even provide it to be turned off in the Camera menu, and gets applied if you are using the option to save jpeg files to the card. It's an option adopted when the mirrorless cameras were adopted.

I am aware there are some newer mirrorless Camera models that Adobe creates lens profiles and it's possible to switch. One interesting point there are no Lens support for any Olympus or Panasonic lenses.

Then it's possible that some users wish to see what correction has been applied or prefer the exotic distortion.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that whether you can disable the built-in lens profile depends on both the camera model and the lens. For example, the Nikon Z 6 II allows the built-in lens profile to be disabled for some but not all lens:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-builtin-le...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, thank you for the link, went and voted for it, but four year old request, and a reply by Adobe a year ago, no follow up,  clearly Adobe has very very few attentions on considering. I see that Adobe considers the posting as Released, does that mean they are finished with it, in this case, partial implementation.

Good thing I did not waste a idea posting.

"Rikk Flohr: Photography • Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2020
This has been implemented for select camera models going forward from the August release (Camera Raw 12.4, Lightroom Classic 9.4 and LIghtroom Desktop 3.4).  There are no plans to make this retroactive to previously released camera models. 

For a select camera models, apparently meaning very few.

Walking away from this request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines