• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Despite not having any cache using the C drive, the second I THINK about merging a HDR panorama....

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to merge a HDR panorama, my C drive(despite ACR not being there, neither my cataloge, neither ANY of the things i can move or change) it uses all avaliable space(88GB worth) just to spite me. Why is it doing this and what the heck can i do to make it target ANY other drive?

I close Lightroom and then magicly the stupid space reappears. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the ACR Cache, LrC can quickly accumulate a big video cache, if you have ever had any videos imported (you can't change the location of the latter but you can limit the size, also Purge it, from LR Settings - General tab). 

A C: drive with only 88Gb of free space left sounds a bit overfull to me anyway BTW. HDR merge might just be exposing a lack of general working headroom space.

Potentially the virtual memory paging file might be moved to another drive - may not be a good idea depending on your hardware - but I would definitely first see what further cleanup of unnecessary C drive contents is possible. User downloads and temp folders, system restore points...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• What drive is your catalog located on? (apparently not C)
  • What drive (obviously not C) is your Camera RAW CACHE (as shown/controlled in LrC preferences) on, and how large is it allowed to get?

I have never understood exactly what resource LrC uses during Merge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the issue involves the Windows Temp folder, normally located on C drive.

Is your Temp folder set as default? On the C drive.

What happens if you reassign it to a different drive?

Note: not all apps treat the Temp folder the same, some might not release space used upon closure, so check it fir recoverable space. despite LrC apparently clearing that upon closure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And just what, outside of LrC is eating up your drive C available space, 80 GB seems awfully small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines