• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Destination Folder Not Available

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to import photos from a sdhd card to the folder on external drive where I keep my photos I get the message-

The destination folder /Volumes/XDrive4gb/Photos/LRCC  is not available. Using Pictures folder instead.

Only the folder IS available. Its icon is on the desktop and it is listed as a drive on the left hand of the LRCC page. The drive is only 20% full.

And- there is no choice but to click the "ok" button or force quit the program. I do not want mulitiple locations for my photos, as it has cost me hours of work and problems in the past.

Anyone encountered and conquered this problem.

Thanks,

Charles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Found the answer! Folder was renamed. On to the next 2 Adobe problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the disk plugged in properly? Can you access it via your operating system? Is the disk asleep?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes the disk is recognised by Sierra and is useable, not asleep. I

can open files using other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open files using other programs.

I guess I should have used more precise wording in my first message. Opening files is not the issue. Lightroom is trying to WRITE photos to this location, not open photos in this location. Can other programs WRITE photos to this location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I can write files to this drive. I note that I must authenticate the

files.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DworkNarth03  wrote

Yes. I can write files to this drive. I note that I must authenticate the

files.

Charles

I don't know what "authenticate the files" means. Also, I need to be extremely picky here, writing to the drive is not the issue. Can you write to the folder in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Authenticate being Apple talk for needing to use my Apple password to make

changes to the folder. it is probably not pertinent to the problem, but

maybe worth mentioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an Apple user, so I don't know, but this could be the problem. At this point, we need someone who knows more about Macs than I do, so I think someone else needs to jump in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you need this authentication, but can you try turning it off to see if Lightroom can now write to this folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer! Folder was renamed. On to the next 2 Adobe problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you fix this? I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem until I cleared the file path at the bottom of the drop down menu of previous import destinations. The I chose my assignments folder again and it works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Sanpanza.  I had this same problem but fixed it by choosing "Clear recent paths".

To do this:  From the Import window, in the upper right corner of the window you will see a right arrow in the "TO" section. Click the arrow.  A dialogue box will open. You will see the option to "Clear recent paths".  Once you clear the paths you will need to do another import before the error goes way.

Bam! fixed.  Thanks Sanpanza!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, the arrow in the Import window mentioned above, does not open a dialog box in my experience to clear the recent paths used, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 8.53.16 AM.png

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrow became a window when I clicked Copy instead of Add, then I was able to change the destination of the import.

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At “the german”, that is as expected when you select the Add option there is no opinion to select a destination folder, the original file will remain where it is located it is simply imported to the Catalog.

When you use copy or move options you have to input the destination.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's interesting @DdeGannes  is that the old location was not available, and it wanted to default to Pictures.  Is there an instruction somewhere on the proper way to migrate a catalog to a new location? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so Lightroom will sort of work by "memory" if you import from the camera SD card to a specific folder and complete the operation then the next time to attempt to do a similar import function it should return you to the same setup. However, if you change that process and select an alternate destination for instance for a special project so guess what, the next time you return to do a similar transaction the alternate destination will be selected.

A new feature was added in LrC 9.4 to the import process which can help in managing your imports.

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 7.58.48 PM.png  

It's also good to be fully aware of how the LrC Catalog functions.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-catalogs-top-10-misunderstandings/ 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, but there is a bug. I did this: I RECREATED in some way the missing path. THEN I did "clear recent paths". So it works. Otherways the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines