• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop - Crop Overlay Gets Stuck On Image

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated lightroom classic to 8.4.1 and the develop module is crashing every so often when cropping images. If I change the image in the library and go to crop, the last image I was cropping is still showing. I think it's a problem to do with the GPU (nvidia 1080 latest nvidia studio driver) as if I open anything else that requires the GPU after lightroom has crashed they do not render properly, for example Chrome. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

I'll reply to myself... problem turned out to be caused by graphics card acceleration error. And that was caused by RivaTuner Statistics Server running behind MSI Afterburner... Once disabled MSI Afterburner / Killed RivaTuner & restarted LightRoom, the crop problem is gone... 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are in the processing of doing a crop in the Develop Module and you have reached to this stage,  and you switch to the Library Module?? see the screen capture. Not a good idea, finish the cropping procedure by clicking the done button at the bottom right corner or clicking on the crop tool.

Then you can move to the Library module.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 3.41.29 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Lightroom edits are non-destructive so you can always return to the crop function to reset to the original image.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 3.59.38 PM.png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've finished the crop, selected another image and yet it's hung on the past image (sometimes it just say's unexpected error and hangs) and then I have to restart lightroom to get the crop to start working again. Regardless of if the done button is clicked, no allowed program flow should result in a crash.

hungcrop.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you been able to solve the crop-lock issue? My Lightroom Classic developed the same exact behavior after re-installation on a new platform... extremally frustrating. Especially that I can now crop the "former" photo and then observe the results of that crop on the photo I intended to crop in the first place... 

Solution - edit one photo at a time - Restart Lightroom if I want to edit another. Or don't crop. 

Lightroom Classic 9.2.1, Windows 10 2004. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll reply to myself... problem turned out to be caused by graphics card acceleration error. And that was caused by RivaTuner Statistics Server running behind MSI Afterburner... Once disabled MSI Afterburner / Killed RivaTuner & restarted LightRoom, the crop problem is gone... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much mate! i done exactly this, im not sure how RivaTuner Statistics was connected to the issue but it worked. The stress of having to close/reopen lightroom after everytime i cropped a photo was really putting me off using the programme.

Again, thankyou so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much!
It was driving me nuts. You're my savior!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! In my case Riva tuner was installed but not running (not even in the background), MSI Afterburner was though. It was causig havok in Lightroom AND After Effects. Been fighting thi issue for at least a month and the solution was so simple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much, i was looking for a solution for this and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This is still affecting Lrc in 2023, turned off Aferburner and fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines