Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop defaults not resetting?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC, Windows 10 Pro, Lightroom Classic 10.3

I have an import preset that sets exposure values (Auto) at import.  I'm not sure that's relevant but...

This morning I wanted to clear the values set in the Saturation section of the HSL panel.  Double-clicked on "Saturation" and nothing happened.  I then double-clicked on individual colors and nothing happened.

I went out and looked for this and found an entry from 2017 that said I may have CHANGED Lightroom's defaults.  I don't know how I would have done this or when, but ok.  The FIX was

You may have accidentally changed the default settings for that camera. Select a problem file, go into Develop, and do the menu command Develop > Set Default Settings > Restore Adobe Default Settings.

I do not HAVE a setting in the Develop menu for Set Default Settings.

How do I get the HSL panel back to zeroing all the values in a section when I double-click the title of the section?  Or, at WORST, to be able to double-click a color and have it go back to zero?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

It looks like sometime after I created the camera specific preset, I updated it - most likely to update the noise reduction for different ISOs.  And, it looks like I updated the preset to change the HSL values from zero.  Edited the xml file and git it all fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Classic default settings have been changed. You need to go to Edit> Preferences> Presets and use the Raw Default settings as outlined at the below link. I use a Develop Preset for each camera model with just the settings I want customize, but you can use the Adobe Default selection. This will set everything back to the original 0 settings for all future imports. For exisiting files double-click on settings should now work as it did previously.

https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like sometime after I created the camera specific preset, I updated it - most likely to update the noise reduction for different ISOs.  And, it looks like I updated the preset to change the HSL values from zero.  Edited the xml file and git it all fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines