• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop mode slows to a crawl on a particular photo, CPU usage skyrockets.

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to edit a particular photo (but not other photos) using the Develop mode in LRCC v12.1 (the most current version as of now) my computer grinds away, but is unable to accomplish any edit function except glacially with occasional blips of apparent activity. Meanwhile CPU usage soars for the app. If I switch to Library mode, CPU usage reverts to normal and LR again becomes responsive (but of course I can't edit the photo in that mode). Allowing the app to run in Develop mode overnight (as if it might need some time to clear out background tasks) does not improve the situation. If I try to re-crop the photo, for example, it could take ~5 minutes for LR to move an edge slightly.

I reverted to the previous version LRCC v12.01, and can once again edit the same photo normally. I'm using a PC on Win10.

If someone at Adobe wants to test for this behavior using my photo file, let me know and I'll upload it for you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, John! Looks like I have the same GPU as yours, and similar behavior!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try your problematic photo with the Use GPU option off. 

Yes, I know, not desired, And, sorry if I overlooked a previous reply.

Might be an issue with that specific GPU, Might be an issue with that GPU driver, that GPU driver issue might not be fixed via update. Might be a LrC problem with that GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you GoldingD! I tried with the GPU off per your suggestion. (Great idea, btw!) Results are that on that one photo LR Classic v12.01 becomes useable but only barely, while LR Classic v12.1 is simply unuseable. 

Thank you for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your System Info

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (31.0.15.1694)

so GPU driver v516.94

see:

https://www.club386.com/nvidia-geforce-528-24-whql-drivers-iron-out-issues-with-a-bunch-of-adobe-app...

mind you, that has not helped John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoldingD, your observation was very helpful! Thank you! I hadn't realized NVIDIA recently updated my driver.
So with the updated NVIDIA driver, LR Classic v12.01 works better than ever. It's the most usable LR has been on my PC in a long time. But still, LR Classic v12.1 experiences long delays & fits on that one photo (that I've identified so far), though they are not as interminable as before the NVIDIA update. 

Upshot is, I still have to stick with v12.01 to be able to edit that photo (and perhaps others I haven't yet discovered) but v12.01 is working great now. So there's that!

Thanks again for your observation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines