• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Module Crashes then message saying Catalog has error

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS HORRIBLE !!!!!! ADOBE PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!!

I did NOT have an issues with the older version and now for the last 3 days it is one issue after another !!!!!!

The develope module keeps crashing and then when I go to restart it says the cataloge has an error !!!
and so I keep having to revert to the cataloge that was backed up right before the update! I lost all the work I did on a project esyterday that I had saved to the back up cataloge but now says error!!!!! I am a professional pghotorapher and I DO NOT HAVE TIME to deal with these issues!! We all pay enought monthy fees for teh programs this should FIXED by NOW!!!!!!! And I can't even get someone on the phone!!!!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call/contact Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe. We can't fix anything. You might want to tell Adobe, not us ... but even so, I doubt this is the fault of Adobe or the fault of Lightroom. "Catalog has an error" is almost always due to a hard disk malfunction. So you might be able to fix it, by either getting a new hard disk, or putting a recent backup of the catalog file on another disk and using that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

FWIW, you may think an issue on your end is a bug that is affecting everyone, that Adobe can fix: not the case.

Can't hurt once up and running to try optimizing your catalog. And backup everything and often!

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with the other 3 responses - however, it may be something we can help with IF you list your computer, OS and LR version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines