• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop module does not show photo

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.3 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 2012 Mac Mini with Intel Graphics 4000 and 16 GB RAM. Not low on disk space.

Starting with LRC 11.2, about once a day, when I click on a photo thumbnail and press 'd' to enter the Develop module, the photo does not show and the editing controls are grayed out. "Use Graphics Processor" is Off in the LRC Preferences (and has been for years), so that is not the issue.

The photo shows in the Library module, both in the Grid view and the loupe view. 

When this problem starts happening, the only solution seems to be to quit and restart Lightroom Classic. I can't edit any photos without restarting it, no matter what format they are in (raw, TIFF, JPEG).

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem like the kind of problem that would start happening in the middle of an editing session, and be fixed by quitting and restarting Lightroom, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that happens more often, then would I try in a firat step resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:   https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Check your system if all patches and updates for the operating system are installed. Recent version of all hardware drivers installed? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines