• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Module: Left and Right Arrow Keys Stop working after Syncronizing photo Settings

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1

Windows 10

I use my keyboard arrows for navigation while moving between photos in the Develop and Library Modules. Since at least the release of version 11, maybe longer, I have noticed that after using the Sync button to syncronize photo settings most of the time the arrows will no longer work to navigate between photos. Instead I must manually move the mouse to the photo pane at the bottom and click on a photo, after this click the arrows work to navigate left and right as they always should.

Steps:

Highlight 5 or more photos in the photo pane at the bottom of the Develop Module.

Make an adjustment to Color Sliders (I adjusted the hue and luminance sliders for Red, Orange, Yellow, etc).

Click the Sync botton.

Below are the Syncronize options selected

sync.JPG

Click Syncronize.

After performing these steps I was able to recreate the issue as I was making this post. The issue seems to occur about half of the time Sync is used.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't able to reproduce that misbehavior in my LR 12.2.1 / Windows 10 or Mac OS 13.2.1. 

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines