• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Presets Greyed Out

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to import Develop presets which I have copied from an iMac into Lightroom Classic on a new MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro, Big Sur, M1, vers. 11.4

iMac Big Sur, Vers. 11.4

Lightroom Classic Version 10.3 on both computers

I copied the presets to a thumb drive as well as placed them on the desktop of the MacBook (cloud desktop).  I have tried importing from both locations, and unlocked the folders using CMD-I.

In all instances, the presets are greyed out and cannot be selected under the File;Import Develop Profiles and Presets.  I believe they are all .lrtemplate files.

They are not greyed out when I view them in Finder.

Can someone point out to me what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried 'Adding Presets' by clicking on the [+] on the Preset panel header?

TBMK the Menu option under 'File > Import Develop Presets & Profiles' will not import .lrtemplate presets (only .XMP filetype possible from the Menu)

My experience is that .lrtemplate files do not show at all from the 'Menu/File' method. Not even greyed out, Windows File Explorer simply shows- "No items match your search".  But they do show and import from the [+] method.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear WobertC,
I just tried this; While the presets are no longer greyed out, they still
will not import. I select them, do import, then I see a minus sign just
left of the plus sign but there is nothing underneath to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Minus sign indicates that the Preset that is highlighted can be 'Deleted'.

What do you see in the 'Manage Presets' menu option?

WobertC_0-1626305836168.png

Are all the Preset Groups showing a check mark?

Have you searched all Preset Groups for your imported presets? They might appear in the "User" Group.

Do you have a raw (NEF, CR2, ARW, etc) or a JPG,TIF file selected to edit? 

And what are your Preferences set to?-

WobertC_1-1626306033825.png

Have you tried simply using Mac Finder to copy the .lrtemplate files into the 'Legacy' Develop Presets Folder? from which Lr-Classic will read them, convert them to .XMP, and then install them in the {Camera Raw}folders. (If the files have a ~~ Prefix , rename them to delete the tildes from the filenames). Find the 'Legacy' folder from the Presets tab in Preferences-

2021-07-15 09_43_57-Preferences.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot import old .lrtemplate develop presets via the import menu. You must place them in the old location and let Lightroom convert them, as shown by Wobert.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear JohanElzenga and WobertC,
Thank you both so much for the advice! To be honest, this was as simple a
fix as your suggestion of having a photo uploaded to develop. Once I did
that, the presets showed up, good grief! I learned some things from you
both!
Thank you so much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You cannot import old .lrtemplate develop presets via the import menu. You must place them in the old location and let Lightroom convert them"

While File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets can't import .lrtemplate presets, doing Presets > + > Import Presets in the Develop module does import them.  Also, .lrtemplate presets contained in .zip files won't be converted.  All part of the very sloppy implementation of the "new" presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Johnrellis, for your answer. It really isn't a straight forward
process at all. As you can see from my earlier reply, I did get them
imported, but they didn't show up until I had loaded up a photo to
develop. Good grief!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I did get them imported, but they didn't show up until I had loaded up a photo to develop."

Hmm, I thought that bug was fixed many versions ago, but evidently not completely. 

"Good grief!"

Indeed, Adobe did a poor job with the new presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines