• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop showing incorrect colours in MacOS Ventura Beta

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When enabling Graphics Processing on my Macbook Pro M1 Pro the develop window shows incorrect colours, almost desaturated and most noticable on skintones. It happened after updating to the public beta for Ventura so that's obviously where the issue stems from - however is this a driver issue for Lightroom and will Adobe be the ones fixing it? When I turn off GPU rendering the issue goes away however this makes the whole editing process a slug. Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Video uploaded showing difference.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen any announcement from Adobe that they have support for the "beta"  Ventura  macOS  system due to be released in the next few weeks.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported a few times already, but it's useless to report issues with beta software. Adobe does not discuss future developments, but it's obvious that they too have access to MacOS Ventura (and most likely a lot earlier than you do) so they must be aware of this problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's a niggly issue, a silly one on my part for downloading Beta Software on my work machine. After more research I ended up reinstalling the shipped OS, was just no other way around it besides waiting which wasn't an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact Apple and they need to update the driver for it (beta or otherwise). This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the final version of ventura and macbook pro M1 Max. Did you manage to solve the issue? turning off/on GPU does not change anything for me! still adobe raw editor is less saturated......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a corrupted display profile. Or if you use a software and hardware package to calibrate the display, one built for Version 4 rather than V3 spec. Can you try a different display profile even temporary to test the previews?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont use any software/hardware for color management on the macbook pro, everything is standard. I have tried the rest of the profiles and still producing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizarre - I had recovered to the previous OS and then just last week decided to try again and updated to the offical Ventura and luckily it was working normally after updating Lightroom as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What ventura build are you running? and what color profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines