• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develope mode is not seeing the same image as Library mode

Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seent this before. From Lightroom I edited a portrait in Photoshop 2021 (latest cc update from 2 days ago). I edited the portrait photoshop and created a transparent background. I then saved the picture to my computer as a psd. I went back to lightroom. The image updaged showing a white background in place of the transparent background (which is normal). I noticed a couple of edits I missed including an area that was missed during the transparent background work. I saved the portrait and returned to Lightroom where I normally add a vignette.

The library mode image looked fine. I selected develop mode to add the vignette. The image in develop mode show the prior image, as if it never updated to lightroom until I selected 100%. It then updated. Prior to selecting 100% in develop mode I had exited both Lightroom and Photoshop multiple times. Refreshed my screen in Lightroom after accessing Develop mode and nothing changed. Then after I did the 100% (where it finally updated in develop mode) I shruged and said, its now working and went to add the vignette. The vignette does not work on the transparent background. It works on the lower half of the portrait.

Lightroom is acting like it is recognizing the background as transparent and will not allow me to add anything to the transparent area. The frustrating thing is that I retouched and finished a second pose of the same shoot yesterday. and everything worked normally. I am supposed to deliver this shoot today and I cannot finish it until I figure out why I cannot do the vignette. To deliver the job, I will need to go back to photoshop to add the vignette and hopefully match the two images. it will be a pain.

Can someone tell me what is going on. I have done this workflow dozens of times before.

Thank you in advance.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen this once or twice, and I simply supposed that the smart-preview did not update correctly.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines