• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developer Preview is reset due to "From Metadata" entry.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom CC 12.0.1, I found a bug where if we are using the Develop module and make a few changes, the latest preview is working as expected. But suddenly out of nowwhere I get this entry in the History "From Metadata" and then the preview just changes to original image preview. After this there is no way to get the preview with all the changes. Note I do have "Save to XMP" turned on and I suspect that might be interfering with LRCC. Though this worked very well with 11.x.x.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll need some more info to help you with this.

What operating system are you working on? Where do you keep your original images? On the internal drive or an external drive?

Does the issue appear with images stored only on the internal drive?

Once you edit an image, try to write the changes manually by going to Photo (on top menu) > Save Metadata to File or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + S.

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sameer,

I am on Windows 11 latest version. The original images are on an external SSD drive. Earlier the images were stored externally on a NAS, that time the issue never happened. It started with the latest version of LR 12 and that coincided with me moving the files to SSD. BTW I am not really changing metadata, I am just in develop mode and processing the file when this happens. And once this entry shows up in history, the image preview just goes back to orignal and does not show the latest version.

Regards,

Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines