• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did an edit in LR, would like to apply them to same image in LRc catalog

Participant ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I edited an image in LR (cloud). It included a number of local edits. I also have that image in my LRc catalog. I'd like to copy the edits I did in LR exactly and apply it to the image in my LRc catalog. Creating a preset for it doesn't work well with the local edits in particular not showing up correctly. Is there a convenient way to do it?

thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I also have that image in my LRc catalog."

How did it get there? Normally, it would have arrived in the catalogue automatically by sync, and it would have the adjustments that you applied in Cloudy.

If not, first, why not? But if there's a good reason why it wasn't done the normal way, then you need to look in Library at the Photo > Develop Settings menu which lets you copy and paste settings between images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported it to LRC. I also added a copy to Lr (cloud) where I did the updates. I'd like to take the updates I did in Lr and apply them to the copy I have in LRC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Spodeworld wrote:

I imported it to LRC. I also added a copy to Lr (cloud) where I did the updates. I'd like to take the updates I did in Lr and apply them to the copy I have in LRC 

Read my suggestion how to do that if you do not want to simply sync them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Spodeworld

In your LR Classic catalogue, enable sync. That's the cloud icon at the top right.

Johan's suggestion will also work, but LR's sync is designed with this workflow in mind and should automatically tie the image in Cloudy with the one in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I want them to sync, do I have to have the images in my LRC catalog also uploaded to the cloud for LR cloudy? (I know this is a very basic question but I don't really know the recommended approach from an organizational sense on how to see the same edits whether I view it from LRC or LR. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a good reason for not synching them, then you can use the following method to transfer the edits: In Lightroom cloud, export the image 'as original'. If the image is a raw file, then this will create a raw file plus an xmp file. Place the xmp file in the same folder where Lightroom Classic has stored the image. Then open Lightroom Classic, select the image, and choose 'Metadata - Read Metadata from File'. You may want to create a virtual copy first to save the original non-develop metadata (like keywords).

If the original is not a raw file, then you can use the same procedure, but then you will have to replace the Lightroom Classic stored copy with the exported copy from Lightroom cloud, because the metadata are stored inside the exported copy rather than in a separate xmp file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines