• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did they seriously take away batch editing capabilities?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After computer crash I now have the most recent version of Lightroom classic.  I have just edited over 100 photos for a client, and have them exactly the way I want them.  I always submit a black-and-white version of each photo as well.  But surprise surprise I am no longer able to convert each photo to a black-and-white version (via a preset) in under five seconds .  Did Lightroom seriously take away the ability to batch edit all of my photos with only three clicks?!  Please tell me there is still a way to do this, otherwise this is going to take me FOREVER!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the capability still remains in Lightroom-Classic.

I can convert multiple selected images to B&W in the Library Grid with one key press- [V]. (Export  as 'mono' then restore to color with [V] again!)

Also in the Library Grid, you can apply a saved Preset in the Quick Develop Panel.

Or in Develop module-

Create a Collection of Virtual Copies and change all selected with a suitable B&W Profile.

Apply a B&W preset and Copy&Paste to multiple selected files. (or use AutoSync)

"the most recent version of Lightroom classic"  

Most recent really means nothing unless you confirm this by posting a screenclip of the MENU: Help > System Info....

Did you not see the 'Featured' post link in this forum? https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/quickly-convert-a-photo-to-black-and-white-using-li...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "I always submit a B&W version of each photo".

Did you do that by creating a Virtual Copy of each photo and then make that VC a B&W version?

The only other way to get one color and one B&W version of each image is to Export each image after make the B&W convertion and then Reverting that B&W convertion to get back to a color image.

What was in the preset you used, what steps did it include? Why don't you use that same preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines