Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Didn't back up Develop Presets

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I did a time machine backup of my mac and then wiped it clean.  I downloaded the latest LR classic from Creative Cloud. But there are a few develop presets for a project I am still in the middle of that I forgot to backup.  I imagine there has to be a way to pull the presets out of the LR that's in the backup but haven't been able to figure it out.  I found an old tutorial on this site but it didn't work.  If it helps in know at least one word of the names of the presets.

Thanks for any help!

Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1 (was Catalina in the backup)

LR 12.2.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of items not backed up via the  LrC backup process, Develop Presets one of those. First up, see:

https://fstoppers.com/business/youre-probably-not-backing-all-your-lightroom-classic-data-526597

As for Time Machine, if more than the catalog backed up, see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/can-i-retrieve-user-presets-develop-pre...

Otherwise:

If the presets are external editor presets, it may be easiest to reinstall the external editor software, recreating the presets as a result. Some external editors (Skylum products come to mind) can install those presets from their menu's.

If the presets are purchased, did you keep the downloaded files as to re-install

If the presets are user created, bummer, time to recreate.

If the presets are extras from Adobe, re-acquire them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.

So I guess I should have said that the project I'm working from is on a hard drive with it's own LR catalog in the folder with images.  But the LR on my machine is fresh and not showing the presets when I open it.

Does that make a difference?

The fstoppers link didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also the time machine adobe support article you linked to was the one I tried yesterday unsuccessfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines