• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between Lightroom and Lightroom Classic

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reading the responses to this from 2020, it seems at that stage, Lightroom Classic does not sync photos to the Cloud - only Lightroom does this.  But here it is 2022 and when I exit Lightroom Classic, I see it is syncing to the cloud.  So my question is, since I do not use Lightroom (only Classic) could I safely delete Lightroom?  Thank you in advance for your responses.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic has always had the option to sync photos in collections to "the cloud". (Technical note: the photos synched to the cloud are lower resolution versions of the original photo).

Nevertheless, the two softwares (Lightroom and Lightroom Classic) are independent entities, you can delete either if you don't want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reading the responses to this from 2020, it seems at that stage, Lightroom Classic does not sync photos to the Cloud - only Lightroom does this.  But here it is 2022 and when I exit Lightroom Classic, I see it is syncing to the cloud.  So my question is, since I do not use Lightroom (only Classic) could I safely delete Lightroom?  Thank you in advance for your responses.  

By @pixeltaker

So what exactly do you see when you exit Lightroom Classic? Lightroom Classic could sync to the cloud long before Lightroom was even introduced, but you always had to enable sync of its catalog and you have to add photos to a synced collection before they get synced. They get synced as smart previews however, not as full resolution images. If you use Lightroom mobile and shoot with the built-in camera, then those photos are downloaded automatically into Lightroom Classic (if the catalog is synced). Lightroom is not needed for this, so you can uninstall it if you want.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little late getting back to you, but I pulled up my applications.  I see I have Lightroon CC and Lightroom Classic.  What I use is Lightroom Classic.  I tried to pull up Lightroom CC and it brought up the 'uninstall' option.  It did not open the program.  Am I safe to uninstall Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if you don't use it you can uninstall it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines