• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference in blacks/contrast in lightroom and web?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just cannot understand why a picture in lightroom is less dark/contrasty than when i post it on the web.

See the difference in first picture lightroom and second one on the web.

How am I supposed to edit that? I just took down a bunch of contrast to make it look good on the web but that is of course no way to go, because obviously i want to edit in lightroom how it is going to look with just the right amount of black and contrast.

Anybody suggestions on this, it is really bothering!

black test adobe 2.jpg

black test adobe 2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting Preferences> Performance> Use Graphics Processor to Off. Close and restart LrC and see if that fixes the issue. If not try the suggestion at the below link to see if your display profile is causing the issue.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, that doesn't seem to work. 

I checked the link you send and made sure my color profile is set to the calibrated profile I made with hardware, but no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What web browser, are you sure it is color managed? 

Also, always view in Develop module at 1:1 or greater for an accurate preview of the data, the other modules use a different preview architecture that may not exactly match Develop. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be it. It is Chrome, when I look in Mozilla the picture looks as in lightroom!

But how annoying is that, seeing as Chrome is such a popular browser then many people will see my pictures not as they are meant to...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows 10 or 11? 

Color management is broken in Windows 11, and the only proper solution is to downgrade to Windows 10.

If you have Windows 10, there are reports from time to time of Chrome not displaying correct colors, but I have never experienced it.

Might have something to do with how the monitor profile is created.

Make sure to create a matrix based (not table based), version 2 (not version 4) ICC profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is windows 10. 

I don't know how to do that tbh! I have a spyder express to calibrate monitor, but I don't see that many options in terms of what profile I can create

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines