Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different picture in lightroom classic after upgrade from lightroom 5

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just upgrade my catalog from lightroom 5 to lightroom classic 11.5 and I get quite different picture between 2 versions, specially with masking. Attached are the two pictures : the one looking normal is from Lightrrom 5, where I used many masks. But after upgrading the catalog in last version of Classic, you can see the result. All masking options are over treated, revealling all the process and giving an ugly result.

Is there something I missed ? Is it "normal" ? What can I do to keep development and masking made in version 5 ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mathieu

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lr5, for that picture, check and see what process version is in use.

In the newer LrC, for the picture in question, see what process version is in use, the old one, or newer?

https://photographylife.com/lightroom-process-version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GoldingD

That's what I thought, but I was expecting that one of the different version available in last update would match the previous one. As none of them really match the original settings, I thought it might be something else. Seems you're right anyway and that I did not realize that updating lightroom could not be transparent...

What a pity...

Thanks ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines