• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty exporting back to Lightroom after pre-processing in DXO Photolab

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using DXO Photolab to pre-process certain files before returning them to Lightroom. 

After the NR/sharpening in DXO, I click "Export to Lightroom".  I can watch the green progress bar moving across the Photolab icon. It usually gets so far and then gives up, the whole thing turning red.

Sometimes the export works successfully and the exported file appears where it should , both in the Collection DXO created for this purpose, and in the folder next to the original. 

If it does, and I examine the exported file carefully, I often find that it is corrupted - typically with a rectangular area within the image which has a network of short, coloured, straight lines running across it. (typical example attached)

Sometimes a successfuly export will only appear in the DXO Collection and not back in the original folder. 

I have been speaking to DXO about this at great length without any success. Is it a Lightroom problem?

Lightroom v12, Windows 10, DXO Photolab v5.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not attach an example. Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include an example.

Corrupted files are almost always the fault of a hard disk malfunction. I really cannot imagine software, either Lightroom Classic or DXO, causing some file corruption.

Nor can I imagine Lightroom Classic causing DXO to show a red bar when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Trying again...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided specific instructions on how to include your screen capture. This doesn't comply, and I can't view your screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added 2 photos using the Photo icon instead. The almost black photo is the result of usingPureRAW in the same way to preprocess a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see them anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_A180081_DxO.jpg_B250012-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are corrupted photos. The cause of the corruption is almost certain a hardware malfunction. Either hard disk malfunction, or bad memory chips. One thing you can do to see if you can isolate the problem: if you have different drives to do this with, is to store your photos (both before and after using DXO and while using Lightroom Classic) on a different disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks . 

I do have two separate internal hard drives so that may help to solve it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that account for the intermittent nature of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have turned GPU acceleration off and the first few exports from Photolab to LR have been successful. However, this has happened before. I can get a few successful exports but then they fail again. It's a bit random. I may have to leave this for a while now - Supper Time! - but I will come back to this later. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what GPU do you have and what driver? Best to get this via LrC. Click on Help, click on System Info, interested in this part:

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (31.0.15.1748)
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks for your reply, GoldingD. This is the info that you asked for -

GPU: (blank)

DirectX: AMD Radeon Pro WX3200 series  30.0.21002.46

Init State: GPU for image processing supported by default with custom export support.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

DirectX: AMD Radeon Pro WX3200 series 

Init state: GPU for image processing supported by default with custom export support.

User Preference: Auto

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replied to this twice now but my post isn't visible. So here goes again.......

Direct X: AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 series

Init state: GPU for image processing supported by default  with custom export support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply has three times been removed as spam. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply is visable

Direct X: AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 series

Init state: GPU for image processing supported by default  with custom export support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admin must have put them back.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not clear if the reply from dj_paige is absolutely definitive as there have been other suggestions. Could someone slarify this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines