• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

difficulty finding images after using drop and drawing images from a commercial download

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Kelby 7 point lightroom system.The instructions say after uploading the images into downloads folder on the latest macos system, i expected the images to appear when i open the latest version odf lightroom classuc [11.5]. that does not happoennfor me.

i then tried to first openthe zip file in downloads and then drag and drop into the unopened lRC on my srip on the bottom medge of my macbook pro.this works for up tp three images at a time.

I can use Kelbys recomendations quite easily but the images are only in the recently downloaded folder.

My question if i cannot move them into a folder then they disappear.

Is there a way to retain the images into an alreadt existing folder named Kelby.?

Otherwise i tried dropping and dragging from downloads to the Kelby folder but they just disappear.

I will not use them again but i do not like them floating somewheron my mac coimputer 12.5.1

Thank you any advice.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The location you place downloaded files is all up to you and Mac Finder. That could be the {Downloads} folder or any other for that matter.  TBMK The photo files need to be extracted from any ZIP file.

Now you open Lightroom-Classic and IMPORT the images into the Catalog using the IMPORT dialog- with THREE  possibilities:

1) You use the [ADD] option and Import, which adds the photos to the catalog AND leaves them exactly where YOU placed them. (eg. the {Downloads} folder or the {Kelby} folder.) Do NOT use this option for files on a camera card..

2) You use the [COPY] option and the Import adds them to the Catalog and COPIES them to a Folder that YOU choose in the Destination Panel of the Import dialog. Use this option when Importing from a Camera Card.

3) The third option is [MOVE] that, as it suggests, will Import the files to the catalog and Move them to a new Folder Location of YOUR choosing.  Thus making it possible to Import from a Hard-drive folder (eg. {Downloads}) and at the same time moving them to any other selected Folder (eg. {Kelby}  )

I suggest you read the free eBook for Lightroom-Classic available here-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines