• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty Moving LIghtroom to a new Windows PC

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move my existing Lightroom CC from a Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC. Everything works fine on the legacy PC. On the new Windows 11 PC, I have installed Creative Cloud, logged in, Installed Lightroom 13.0.1 and Photoshop.I have copied the picture file folders from the legacy PC to the new PC via an external drive. The Lightroom folder is in the same place in the new file structure as the legacy PC.I have imported the picture files into Lightroom. I can see that all of the file structure appears in the right order  and I can see parent folders containing  raw files and child folders with the JPG files beneath them just as expected
However, I see the following problems:1) all of the edits that were made to the raw files are not present in the history. Each raw image is shown as  "import".2) None of the collections that exist on the legacy PC are present on the new PC.
Can you offer any guidance?

Thank you - JOhn

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Import was the wrong thing to do. I would not use the catalog you just created on the new computer. You want to copy the catalog file from the old computer to the new computer and then open that exact catalog file on the new computer. After that, do not import photos. If necessary, you will have to re-connect photos. For more detail about moving to a new computer, see https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/ Remember, no importing of photos. Do not import photos.

Please

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import was the wrong thing to do. I would not use the catalog you just created on the new computer. You want to copy the catalog file from the old computer to the new computer and then open that exact catalog file on the new computer. After that, do not import photos. If necessary, you will have to re-connect photos. For more detail about moving to a new computer, see https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/ Remember, no importing of photos. Do not import photos.

Please, Adobe has made the names of their software so similar and changed them in confusing ways, that it makes it difficult to communicate. There is no software named Lightroom CC, and you have Lightroom Classic and not Lightroom. For clarity, from now on please refer to your software as Lightroom Classic or Lrc, and not Lightroom, not Lr, not Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot thank you enough for your detailed advice. I did as you suggested and I now have Lrc installed on the new PC. I wish that I had searched the community before attempting the installation on the new PC. Sorry to bother you but I appreaciate your taking the time to help. I hope to be able to pay it forward.

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines