• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unused GPU drivers as out of date dialog - add [Do not show again] option

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as some members with dedicated graphics controllers and naturally integrated video controllers are receiving system compatibility reports about out of date drivers for the integrated video control, that on their systems are not used by Lightroom Classic.

They are finding that unhelpful and annoying.

See post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-11-5-incorrectly-reporting-outdated-graphics-driver-on-dell-latitude-laptop/td-p/13149081 

hmm, I am clearly Adobe Community challenged, thought I posed as Bug, clearly I missed a step.

Ahh, and now moved to Ideas. Ok. Treat as not a bug, apparently as designed, so treat as an Idea, a request for change.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Updating feature request status to Planned

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and now contain this new feature. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
63 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Lightroom Classic 11.5 (Windows), every time I launch the application I'm getting this popupLightroom system compatibility report.png regarding my drivers, which cannot be upgraded more than they are, and this alert apparently cannot be disabled. Anyone know how to stop this? thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

That driver (20.19.15.5171) is a year-and-half old. You can download the most recent Intel driver for the HD Graphics 4600 from here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html?...

The Release Notes say that it supports the 4600:

johnrellis_0-1661029745864.png

If you're trying to update your driver using a utility supplied by the laptop manufacturer, or if the Intel "automatic update" utility is telling you to go to the laptop manufacturer to get updates, others have reported here that downloading directly from Intel in this case worked for them. (But be prepared to reinstall the older driver.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis I'd already updated drivers for both display adapters, and for the 4600 it's the one from the link you posted. In the Readme.txt it states it's 20.19.15.5171, Build Date: Nov 4, 2020. 

Noting that the version Adobe considers minimum in the popup message uses an entirely different versioning system (100.8476), it's possible their compatibility check isn't even comparing the right version number. At this point I'm just looking to disable the popup. I've temporarily gone back to v. 11.4.1 of Lightroom for now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 11.5

OS version: Windows 10 Business Edition 64 bit, version 10.0.19044

Steps to reproduce: Start up Lightroom Classic 11.5 on a Dell system with the Dell supplied Intel display driver.

After upgrading my copy of Lightroom Classic to 11.5 I get a warning dialog (see screen capture below) every time I start up Lightroom informing me that the display driver on my Dell Latitude E6540 laptop is out of date. Even after updating to the latest Intel Graphics driver from Dell for my system this warning persists. I was never presented with this dialog prior to upgrading to 11.5

My suspicion? Dell uses version numbering independent of that used by Intel. The warning dialog informs me that I should upgrade to Intel driver version 100.8476 or later. But since Dell's driver versions are numbered starting 20 (my up-to-date driver from Dell is version 20.19.15.4835), my system will never get to that version number, and apparently this annoying dialog will persist in presenting itself every time I start up Lightroom. Not the end of the world, but a bit irritating.

DriverWarningDialog.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after updating to the latest Intel Graphics driver from Dell for my system this warning persists

Some are finding that laptop manufactures driver support is crap. And they need to get driver support from Intel.

So, you have: Intel HD Graphics 4600, driver v20.19.15.4835 

that version number is from Intel, not from Dell, and 20 indicates very old. (as in 12 APR 2018 at Dell)

At Intel v 31.0.101.3222 is shown (might be different for specific CPU and Windows build)

So you see, either Dell is scared about new drivers or they do not care.

see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-windows-only-select-subject-or-select...

You might wanrt to contact Dell on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on GoldingD's reply, Microsoft's update catalog shows that driver 20.19.15.4835 is from 10/16/17,  almost five years old:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=20.19.15.4835%C2%A0 

Some have reported here successfully downloading the latest driver directly from Intel.com, and I haven't seen any reports that the latest Intel driver caused problems with their laptops.  If you try that, make sure you've got the Dell driver ready to reinstall if things go south.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have got a similar issue with my Intel HD Graphics 4000. The warning is about the old driver version, depite of the fact that I have just downloaded the last one from Intel.com, installed it in my system, rebooted and this didn't change Lightrooms behavior. And yes, the version is 10.18.10.5161 from August 2020. The Intel driver support assistant confirms that this driver is up-to-date. Even if I try to disable the device in Windows device manager, Lightroom detects the card and shows the warning. 

I am sure that Lightroom is wrong in assumption that the driver is outdated. 

The question is: why does not Lightroom warn only one time and let me decide if I want to to do anything about the issue? Why does it need to warn me every time?

Please guys, enable a checkbox to not show the warning anymore.

The funny point is that I have used an NVidia card in the same system and Lightroom is configured to use it for exports etc. 

R,

Hermann

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hnmr wrote:

Hi,

I have got a similar issue with my Intel HD Graphics 4000. The warning is about the old driver version, depite of the fact that I have just downloaded the last one from Intel.com, installed it in my system, rebooted and this didn't change Lightrooms behavior. And yes, the version is 10.18.10.5161 from August 2020. The Intel driver support assistant confirms that this driver is up-to-date. Even if I try to disable the device in Windows device manager, Lightroom detects the card and shows the warning. 

I am sure that Lightroom is wrong in assumption that the driver is outdated. 

The question is: why does not Lightroom warn only one time and let me decide if I want to to do anything about the issue? Why does it need to warn me every time?

Please guys, enable a checkbox to not show the warning anymore.

The funny point is that I have used an NVidia card in the same system and Lightroom is configured to use it for exports etc. 

R,

Hermann

About that last bit:

"The funny point is that I have used an NVidia card in the same system and Lightroom is configured to use it for exports etc. "

Are you saying that you have a dedicated GPU as well as the on board integrated video controll?

as for:

"And yes, the version is 10.18.10.5161 from August 2020. The Intel driver support assistant confirms that this driver is up-to-date"

That may be CPU specific, as the following link shows, perhaps, otherwise:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090440/graphics.html

Note: 10.18.10.5161 may be also known as 15.18.10.5161 due to different "packages"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update on this, in part as a response to GoldingD's post.

First, I browsed Intel's support site in several different ways, and consistently the most recent driver package I found for the Intel HD 4600 display adapter device for Windows 10 64 bit was filename win64_15.40.5171.[exe or zip]; see URL https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html.

I completely removed the previous driver downloaded from Dell, which was reporting in Windows Device Manger as Intel driver version 20.19.15.4835. I then executed the downloaded Intel win64_15.40.5171.exe installer file, after which the driver was successfully installed, with Device Manager now reporting the upgraded version as 20.19.15.5171 (note that the installed driver name doesn't match the installer file name, with the exception of the final 4 version digits - a trifle confusing). Launching Lightroom Classic 11.5 again presented the same graphic driver waring dialog on startup.

So this IS the Intel version number, and I remain highly suspicious of the dialog warning about having to have a driver version at least 100.8476. I don't see anything in the driver versions I've explored on Intel's site for my platform that has a version number even remotely resembling that value. I remain convinced this is some sort of unintentional defect that appeared with the release of Lightroom 11.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About that last bit:

"The funny point is that I have used an NVidia card in the same system and Lightroom is configured to use it for exports etc. "

Are you saying that you have a dedicated GPU as well as the on board integrated video controll?

as for:

"And yes, the version is 10.18.10.5161 from August 2020. The Intel driver support assistant confirms that this driver is up-to-date"

That may be CPU specific, as the following link shows, perhaps, otherwise:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090440/graphics.html

Note: 10.18.10.5161 may be also known as 15.18.10.5161 due to different "packages"

By @GoldingD

yes, right, it is a system with an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 and an additional PCIe Nvidia Geforce GT1030, which is actually  in use: both monitors are connected there and it is configured in Lightroom as follows:

hnmr_0-1661119692709.png

The Intel one is not mentioned at all. Sadly, I can't find an option in computer's BIOS to disable it.

If the driver version can vary due to different vendors' pcakges, it is one more argument not to insist on the warning.... in my opinion.

R,

Hermann

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nasty, as you have that nice GPU, and LrC is using it, And hence LrC will not involve the integrated video controller, then that warning about the integrated video controll is indead annoying.

As for disabling the integrated video control, preferred is probably via BIOS, as opposed to within Windows Device Manager, as you can recover from the BIOS edit, but if the GPU dies, and you disable via device manager, then no recovery w/o new GPU. It should be somewhere in the BIOS.

https://www.technewstoday.com/disable-integrated-graphics/

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, irrelevant warning, also with an Intel HD4600 (not used - but with latest drivers from Intel) and an NVIDIA 750 Ti (used, confirmed in Lightroom).

Am definitely finding 11.5 a bit crashy, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Intel HD4600 integrated graphics. Even though I'm using an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI, I get the same warning. I have tried to upgrade to the Adobe-recommended Intel driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html?...), which is newer than the one Intel lists, but even though the release notes say it's compatible wtih the HD 4600 it won't install. I got the message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software." I have disabled the Intel adapter in Device Manager and I still get the warning. I'll probably try disabling it in the BIOS next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am James from Chicago. As of Lightroom Classic 11.5 (Windows), every time I run the application, I get this popup about my drivers, which cannot be upgraded any further, and this alert appears to be inoperable. Is there any way to stop this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 11.5

Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Dell XPS desktop

Nvidia 1070 video card used used by Lightrom and the OS.  The embeded Intel UHD 630 Graphics is not being used at all.

After the update to Lightroom version 11.5 getting a System Compatibilty warning saying embeded Intel UHD 630 Graphic's driver needs to be updated for performance and stability reasons. 

Otherwise Ligthroom is working perfectly.

I tried disabiling 630 graphics, but the issue continued.

Updating the driver is not a simple task for various reasons

Obviously the driver doesn't need to be updated since the 630 isn't being used

A simple "do not show this again" option would work.  Or?

Atatched a copy of the message

LR_comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this thread under "ideas".  It should be under "bugs".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that originally I had indeed posted as a bug, then, later it appeared in Discussion. Then it appeared as Idea. I suspect Admins moved it.

As for Bug vs Idea. Adobe probably thinks the report on the driver is as designed, not a bug. And wants the post it treated as an Idea, a request for change.

/EDIT/ and now back to Bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO it's a bug.  They changed someting in 11.5 and obviuosly it's not working the way it should.  They should only post it if the LR is using the graphic processor (GPU) that they have an issue with.   Otherwise just let people choose to ignore it via a "check box".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s an update on my experience with this issue.

I went to the Intel website and browsed through their menus to find what they seem to offer as the most current version of the driver I need (HD 4600 graphics, Windows 10 64-bit), download file name win64_15.40.5171.exe (also available as win64_15.40.5171.zip). See URL https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html?... . If anyone can find a more recent driver version than this for my environment on the Intel site, do please point me to it. Otherwise, I have no reason not to believe that this is the most current version of this driver available to me.

I then completely uninstalled the Dell provided driver for the HD 4600 graphics adapter, which reverted me to the basic VGA driver. Following this I executed the installer downloaded from Intel which successfully installed that driver. The previous driver version reported from the Dell provided driver was 20.19.15.4835. The version reported following installation of the Intel provided driver installer was 20.19.15.5171.

Makes no difference. Every time I launch Lightroom 11.5 I get the warning dialog about my graphics driver being obsolete, even though I have every reason to believe I have the most current version of the driver installed.

I am highly suspicious of the statement “update to driver version 100.8476 or later”, as I find no Intel driver for my environment that has a version number remotely resembling that format.

I maintain this is an unintentional defect that has been introduced in Lightroom 11.5, and clearly others are experiencing this issue as well. Either the source of this behavior should be identified and corrected, or as a number of others have suggested, a check box to block future displays of this dialog should be provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is the idea to fix the bug, this is a right approach! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The previous driver version reported from the Dell provided driver was 20.19.15.4835. The version reported following installation of the Intel provided driver installer was 20.19.15.5171."

The driver Adobe links to is 27.20.100.8476, and the release notes say it is compatible with HD 4600 (fourth generation), but the included ReadMe.txt file says the earliest is 6th generation. Here is the Adobe page with a link to the driver:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jb.motohead

That bit in the Adobe report, 100.8476, would be the third and forth component of the driver version. That bit represents the build number. Syntax is nn.xx.xxx.xxxx,

• first set is for OS
  • second set on older drivers may be 0, newer might be 20
  • xxx.xxxx is the build.

somewhat dated source on that:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005654/graphics.html

and yes, that reference does not match reality.

and, no, I see no such driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug to me.  I think they're only checking the last two parts of the driver ID.  There is a driver version 27.20.100.8476, but that is only for 6th and later generations of Intel graphics cards.  I have an earlier version, and have updated to the latest driver but I still get the message.  If Adobe are no longer supporting older graphics cards, they should make that plain.

https://www.geeks3d.com/20200729/intel-graphics-driver-27-20-100-8476-released-vulkan-1-2-145/

Adobe does refer to the driver version here - https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html but no mention of what to do if you have a card that version won't run on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of observations on the above then.

One, it would not have occurred to me that I would go to the Adobe site instead of the Intel site to find current drivers for my Intel hardware.

Second, that driver quite likely won't work for me. As andrewm99048561 noted, the readme file accompanying that driver package states that the software is applicable to 6th generation and later processors. My Dell Latitude E6540 has an Intel i7-4800MQ processor, which is a 4th generation (Haswell) component. I don't feel inclined to try a lab experiment to install this driver software to see whether it'll install and/or work on this platform.

Third, I'm intrigued that when I go directly to Intel's website and navigate through their support pages looking for the HD 4600 driver for Windows 10 64-bit I am never presented with this 27.20.100.8476 driver version as an available option to download. Again, the most recent version that Intel presents to me on their own support pages is the 20.19.15.4835 package version, which I have downloaded and installed.

This graphics hardware warning dialog, which doesn't appear until ~30 seconds after I start Lightroom and more than once interrupted the work I had started, is at best annoying, and at worst confusing (do I need some other driver? will I have problems if I try to do video inside of Lightroom? is my computer hardware no longer supported in some manner here?).

I really do believe that Adobe should do something with this, including clarifying the actual status of older graphics hardware that won't support their recommended driver as well as doing something about either eliminating the warning dialog or at least optionally disabling it via UI checkbox.

Thanks all for the feedback and info. Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops - managed to skip pasting the following into the beginning of my above post.

I'll add a few more comments on this issue before I leave it to morph into whatever it'll become (bug? feature request? discussion idea?).

First, just for the record, and having neglected to mention this in either of my previous posts, despite the warning "you may experience degraded performance with video files and instability" I have had no instability issues prior to 11.5 with the then present driver or since the 11.5 update with my installed driver downloaded from Intel. I don't do anything with video files in Lightroom, so I can't speak to experience with that issue. If the mention of 'instability' applies only to video files, then this is an issue I'll not likely see.

Second, thanks to PHCorrigan, GoldingD and andrewm99048561 for providing info re: version number formatting and a reference to the xx-xx-100-8476 driver download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate