• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disc Unavailable for Import in Lr

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a problem. When I try to import from SD to my hard drive the way I've always done, I see a message that says the disc is unavailable. I can save to the disc, and if I use finder to move the files to the disc I can add them to the catalog and do everything I'd normally do. This seems to be happening with everything except the mac's own internal drive.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide some basic information as per the community guidelenes.

Forum-guidelines.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic, Latest Version

OS Big Sur 11.3

Importing - copying NEFs from the SD to a 2TB external drive

I've just tried to replicate the error. This time I got an initial error message saying that Lr planned on using the internal drive. I used the top right corner of the import dialogue to say "Use this drive." (the one that was apparently unavaillable.) Last night this was giving me a message saying that the drive was unavailable and the files were not imported. This time it'd working...

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 11.47.25.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 11.48.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the macOS preferences to allow access to Lightroom Classic for specific Disks or Folders in your operating system. See the screen capture.

macOS catalina-security andd privacy.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleted, after posting, later reply's appeared, reply's that already answered the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines