• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disc version or serial number

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was wondering if Adobe still has the option to just upgrade with a one time fee and upload versus having to pay a monthly membership fee? Also don't they have a customer service phone number?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if Adobe still has the option to just upgrade with a one time fee

Depends on what software you are talking about.

As far as I know, Photoshop Elements is still a one time fee. The rest are subscription only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im referring to Lightroom...so i cant just upgrade with a one time fee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to get an Update for an perpetual licence of Lightroom.

Lightroom 6.14 is the latest box version of LR. Adobe stopped selling a few years ago.

I you wish to get a actual version of Lightroom yyou have to buy a subscription.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they have a customer service phone or email i can ask questions and get for sure answers?  This doesnt seem right or fair to be giving a company money and they dont have employees to help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have received "for sure" answers already in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no one time single purchase version of Lightroom available anymore. Lightroom 6 was the last such version, and Adobe stopped selling it several years ago. If you want the current version of Lightroom that works similarly to Lightroom 6 is called Lightroom Classic. It is available in the Adobe photography plan bundled with Photoshop. The subscription cost is $9.99/month in the US. Adobe support has basically been outsourced and is not particularly accessible. But if you want to try a live chat then here is the link.

Contact Customer Care (adobe.com)

Click on the circle in the lower right-hand corner to initiate a live chat conversation with an Adobe support person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with my fellow members that the general answer us no.

And arguing with Adobe will get you nowhere. They have legal and moral rights to not support sunsetted (end of life) software. And if you read your end users license agreement, you will find language to that. (use actually never payed fir ownership, you really paid for use, and support dies 3 years after end of life of the program)

AS TO MY POINT

What version do you have now?

What version do you want to upgrade to?

If you have Lr  v6 older than v6.14 ( six point fourteen), and you want to update to 6.14, state so, one if the members may have a backdoor non Adobe link.

If you have Lr v5 or older, then no. That would require a new license, and those perpetual licenses are no longer sold. 

If you have Lr v6 or older and want to upgrade to Lightroom Classic v10.4, no no no.

Second Point

If you have, say v6.14 and you want new features such as new cameras, new functions, etc. Then no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Creative Cloud subscription is the only option to remain current with Light Room releases. The last stand-alone version, LR6, is no longer supported by Adobe. Here's a post on the reasons why Light Room Classic (Creative Cloud) is preferable:

https://shotkit.com/lightroom-6-vs-cc/

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines