• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk is almost full.

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not import files into Lightroom. I keep getting this error message. Am I importing files incorrectly? I thought if I imported a catalog to an external HD or OneDrive, the amount of space left on my computer would not be an issue because I’m using another source to store it?  

So how do I clear Disk Space? Please help. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-21.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-03-17.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You import the images to your external disk, but the catalog is on your internal disk by default. Lightroom needs space on that local disk to create previews, and that disk is full.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing from Onedrive and all the files are there and seemly fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say you're "importing from Onedrive", do you have a OneDrive folder on your internal SSD? I'm not as familiar with OneDrive on the Mac but on a PC, if you access the contents of a OneDrive sync'd folder, then the contents are downloaded from the 'cloud' to the sync folder first so all of those images may be downloaded to your local SSD as part of the import process. LrC cannot import directly from the OneDrive cloud and the download is automatic so you won't see it.

So, first question is where are you keeping the OneDrive sync folder? on the internal SSD or the external drive?

If you want to add photos from your OneDrive into the LrC catalog, I'd suggest manually getting them onto the external drive then import them into LrC but use the "Add" function, not the "Move" function so the images will stay on the external drive but LrC will know that's where they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johan, 

Thank you for your replay. I deleted all the backup imports within my catalog settings of lightroom and now LR wont import certain files. Stating they are damaged. What am I doing wrong here? This has been an issue since last Thrusday. 

Rebecca5E3B_0-1647877108695.jpeg

Best,

Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johan, 

Thank you for your replay. I deleted all the backup imports within my catalog settings of lightroom and now LR wont import certain files. Stating they are damaged. What am I doing wrong here? This has been an issue since last Thrusday. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-21_.jpg

Best,

Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines