• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display image file names in online collection?

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't figured this out: I'm creating a number of collections that will be shared online with a client. But... neither file names nor identifying numbers are displaying with the images, just the images. I have file names and info turned on to display in the film strip and grid view, but when I save flagged images to a collection and view it online it's just the images, not file names. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Two choices, neither one of them are ideal. I don't see any way to make the filename appear on/under the image. You can either allow your clients to download the collection with watermarks on the images, or when individual images are being displayed there is an info icon on the right hand side of the screen that will display the filename. I don't think there is a way to display the filename on/under the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "shared online", do you mean you are syncing a collection in LR Classic (desktop) with LR CC (Web), and you want the filenames to be visible under the thumbnails when they are viewed as a grid in LR CC (Web)? 

(Adobe's horrible naming requires us to be very precise with terminology.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I created a collection a while back and when viewed as a web page there were numbers (1,2,3 etc) displayed with the images. Now I get nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Two choices, neither one of them are ideal. I don't see any way to make the filename appear on/under the image. You can either allow your clients to download the collection with watermarks on the images, or when individual images are being displayed there is an info icon on the right hand side of the screen that will display the filename. I don't think there is a way to display the filename on/under the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I'd forgotten that when you click on a thumbnail image, the full view will have an info icon you click on to display the file name. Adobe doesn't make this very clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Showing file names on mobile galleries would be a super helpful feature for soon-to-come update for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines