• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display of Common Aspect Ratios Has Changed in Crop Tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The options I see in the Crop Tool for common aspect ratios are no longer the ones I've been looking at and using for many years. Specifically, the options shown below Enter Custom... no longer include panorama aspect ratios such as 2 x 1. Instead, I am seeing 1 x 1.33, 1 x 1.33, 1 x 1.63, 1 x 1.66 and so on.  I believe this was triggered by my entering a custom aspect ratio in the Crop Tool when I was doing some editing on a friend's smartphone photos. I have tried quitting Lightroom and restarting it. I have reset Lightroom Preferences. Neither has worked. Can anyone tell me how to get the default aspect ratios back?

I'm running Lightroom Classic 9.4 on a Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Custom aspect ratios are just that, they are custom. As you enter new custom ratios old ones disappear. The space that is provided for custom ratios is not dynamic. In other words, it will not expand to accommodate more custom ratios as you create them. They will be replaced by ratios that you have created. You will have to create the custom ratios that you want, and they will replace the ones that are there.

I'm curious as to why you are still using LrC 9.4. The current version is 10.1.1. Is th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom aspect ratios are just that, they are custom. As you enter new custom ratios old ones disappear. The space that is provided for custom ratios is not dynamic. In other words, it will not expand to accommodate more custom ratios as you create them. They will be replaced by ratios that you have created. You will have to create the custom ratios that you want, and they will replace the ones that are there.

I'm curious as to why you are still using LrC 9.4. The current version is 10.1.1. Is there some sort of limitation because of your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim, thanks very much. I get it now. 

As for why I'm still using LR 9.4, yes it's an operating system limitation. I need to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave or Catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines