• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG issue after Lightroom Classic 10.2 update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after updating Lightroom Classic to version 10.2 (Build 202103041821-226a1211) and camera raw 13.2, on macOS 10.15.7, I reopened my library and saw that the dng files taken with a Mavic 2 Pro and already postproduced have completely changed their appearance, without changing any setting. I encountered the same problem opening them with Camera Raw on Photoshop 22.3.0.

Below is a video showing the change, which was applied as soon as I reselected one of the files in question for the first time.

No problems with the other files in the library (cr2 from Canon 5D mkIII).

Can you tell me what this is due to? How can I get the files back to the previous "version"?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

LrC always needs some sort of camera profile to act as a basis for its postprocessing of a Raw image.

This means, in the case of a proprietary Raw format you just have to wait until that camera model is properly supported by Adobe - at which point a range of profile choices will be there (Adobe Standard always, AFAICT, plus others too).

In the case of a native camera DNG, though, you don't have to wait for support because the camera has embedded its own profile as part of the standard. LrC is ab

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has something to do with the fact that the Mavic 2 Pro RAW DNG file was added as a supported camera in 10.2. Look through the forum. It's been discussed and I believe the belief is that the new conversion was applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC always needs some sort of camera profile to act as a basis for its postprocessing of a Raw image.

This means, in the case of a proprietary Raw format you just have to wait until that camera model is properly supported by Adobe - at which point a range of profile choices will be there (Adobe Standard always, AFAICT, plus others too).

In the case of a native camera DNG, though, you don't have to wait for support because the camera has embedded its own profile as part of the standard. LrC is able to then extract and use this despite having no official "knowledge of" that camera. You get whatever result this embedded profile delivers.

I would imagine your intial processing was previously done like this. And suddenly recognition for that camera has arrived, and Adobe made profile(s) to be used by default.

In order to "get back" to how you have been editing before, you'll need to become able to deliberately employ that same embedded profile, that was previously used only of necessity. That means having it presented as a choice. It used to be that you could just choose "Embedded" in the profile selector but the whole profiles system has changed and I don't see that option presented any more. 

BUT. If you download the free DNG Profile Editor (links for Mac and Window versions are here ) and open up one of your out-of-camera DNGs into that, you can then Export its camera-embedded Raw conversion profile as a suitably named "recipe" (.dcp file) - into the central folder used for such things. On closing and restarting LrC, this new .dcp file is detected by LrC. Now that "recipe" becomes available to apply inside the Develop module, by name, onto Raw photos from this camera. Either manually, or in a Develop preset, and/or setting it as the default profile to be imposed hereafter at import, instead of whatever Adobe supplied profile is currently being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help, it look like the perfect solution for my problem. However, I've encountered a problem: Adobe no longer supports the Profile Editor, only the DNG Converter, and it's no longer possible to download it (I can't find an old Mac version online). Do you have any advice on this? Or an alternative software? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted  a link to a page with dead download info: sorry about that.

The lower part of this thread includes FTP links that seem to be valid, but whether that executable will work with latest MacOS or not, I cannot test or confirm: I am using Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines