• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG recover edges plugin error

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I shot an image with my Mavic 2 Pro drone of a fast moving train and caught the locomotive right at the edge of the frame. Lightroom and Photoshop both clip DNG images but I want access to the full image. I down loaded the DNGRecoverEdges plug, chose the "embed original raw file" option in preference>file handling in but when I try to use it I get this error message:

?:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value

Anybody have a solution?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drone produces this DNG? 

When you open in LR or ACR and go to the crop tool, do you see the full frame, but a crop of the DNG?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the drone pruduces the DNG.

I see the full frame in only two situatiions:

1: When I review the images I have just shot in the DJI Go 4 app when my device (iPad Mini) is still connected to the drone through the remote controller.

2: In Lightroom in preview mode before I import the images. After I do the import, the full image does appear briefly and blurry in the thumb and then it snaps into sharpness and the edges get cliped off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you have no import presets for the crop? That would explain #2. 

What if you try ACR?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your efforts to help, digitaldog. I didn't ignore them but the email notification wound up in my junk folder and I just discovered it.

"Sure you have no import presets for the crop? That would explain #2."

I have been looking for any imprort precepts for crop and I can't find any or anyway to set them.

"What if you try ACR?"

So far, I have found no way in ACR.

Thank you, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your image in Drop Box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is.

If the weather cooperates and the sun comes back out, I'm going to reshoot it tonight with a different framing. I decided I don't like this one so well, after all. Also, I shot it AEB and this frame is underexposed in the shadows and over exposed in the hightlights but would all come together in the HDR merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines