• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do NOT Call Lightroom Classic a Classic.

Engaged ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT Call Lightroom Classic a Classic.

I was using Lightroom, the newest one the whole time for Years but then couldn't figure out how to duplicate a 0.50+ EV to all 333 photos. I see all the other videos and internet article postings show to use Lightroom Classic.

Wow, all the features and ease of use, Quick export of all 333 are all there!!

Preserving Metadata with what you want to preserve. No way Lightroom Classic should be called Classic.

Lightroom Classic should be called Lightroom and the new Lightroom should be called something else!!

The new Lightroom is so none feature rich it's bad.  PSD is super complex compared.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, most will not like my name for Lr (cloudy). But you have the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic should be called Lightroom and the new Lightroom should be called something else!!

Agreed. We had this exact discussion 5 years ago when Lightroom CC (Cloud) first arrived. Sadly, we've ended up with constant confusion between the Lightrooms for many newbies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, and constant describes it so well. Despite the aim for feature parity set out at start, it's a long way off still. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it weren't researching how to bring up the EV easy, I would've never known. My orthomosaic drone shots were shot at -1.3 EV making it too dark. I had to bring it up for inspection but doing Ctrl+V on all the images, I was certain I'm missing something but wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not only are you years behind, we had this discussion a long time ago; but we can't do anything about this anyway (we're not Adobe, we can't change the name of the software)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely with you.

And as others already said, we discussed this over and over ... and Adobe was pretty resistant to advice

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. Memories of very heated discussions on this and other fora many years ago when this change was first made. That ship has sailed and the marketing folks at Adobe have clearly won over the engineering folks as they went for the most confusing naming scheme that is still constantly tripping up people. So many people accidentally subscribe to and install Lightroom Cloudy and end up utterly confused why everything is missing and not working as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines