• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom Classic Have a Time Limit Before the File is Lost to Exporting?

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes I'm certain the above title sounds confusing, but today I had edited a RAW file in Lightoom Classic 11.1, finished the editing and took a short break from the Mac. When I returned in perhaps 20 minutes there was a flag on the photo, 'This File Could Not be Found', and I was unable to export the edited photo to the desktop. The Develop screen was greyed out and I had no controls either for more editing nor ability to export it.

I wouldn't think LRclassic has a time limit for editing, but I'd not run into this issue before so would like to know how to avoid this issue.

Thanks! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

LrC absolutly hates hard drives going to sleep be it MACOS or Windows. Some find LrC haytes MACs going to sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the original file on an external drive?  If so, during your 20 minute break, that drive may have gone to sleep or otherwise become unavailable.  If LrC can't see the original file, it'll show as unavailable and Develop & export won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC absolutly hates hard drives going to sleep be it MACOS or Windows. Some find LrC haytes MACs going to sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no time limit. I can shut-down and on a restart my screen returns to the state it was when shut-down.

More likely a hard-drive has gone to 'sleep' and needs re-awakening.

Or the original files have 'disappeared' by a hard-ware fault.

Can you show a screen-clip of your "greyed out Develop screen and controls"?

MISSING PHOTOS- Adobe Help

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys, yes that's got to be the case. I'll look for this next time my work has a break involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines