• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't see images from where I imported them to

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to reinstall LR after a computer crash. 

Previously, when I imported images, I would put them in a folder, as shown on the first image (29) . When I would go to Library, they would be in the folder where I put them on import .

However, with the new import, they aren't showing up in my library, where I put them (30). I can find them, but they aren't in the folder that I put them in. I'm baffled. Any guidance is most appreciated. I tried to take screenshots showing the issue.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, it seems an additional folder has been made and my new files are being added there. How do I get them back in one folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen-clips do not show us the Folder where they are located. Which I believe to be- {Bay Seasoning and Recipe substitute}. But some more details and screen-clips may help an answer. (Esp the Import options)

Are you 'Copying' From a USB D:drive to BLOG E:drive?

And are you looking in the E:Drive in the Library for the copied photos?

You may be experiencing this- The "Capitalization Problem"

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/

And other forum threads-

DUPLICATE FOLDERS FIX

DUPLICATE FOLDER ERROR

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, thanks for replying and thanks for your help. I'm stymied, but I imagine it is something very simple.

I believe I am copying from USB D:drive to BLOG E:drive (see attached). What other import setting screenshots would be helpful?

Yes, I am looking in E: Blog (see attached, 2 images...showing  E drive and where 'Substitutions' should be)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but now I am totally confused about your folder structures, and the location of your files. So I have difficulty providing any suggestions.

Now I see you are looking at files in {Blog Posts L-Z} that is not the same as {Bay Seasoning and Recipe substitute}.

Rob_Cullen_0-1641766946963.png

Many of your folders are showing the 'Missing' icon [ ? ]

Many of your files have a FIlename like "untitled-x.NEF" - so something is very amiss with a renaming option.

Do you realize that if you Import files with the 'Copy' option, then LrC now only has a reference to the files in their 'new' location, you will not see them shown in two locations.

You may need to research methods of Importing files to understand the process better.

And instead of using Folders to organise your images- learn about Keywords and Collections- far more useful in the Catalog.

IMPORT Dialog Advanced Options

Import options in Lightroom

IMPORT to SHOOT FOLDERS

IMPORT DATE FORMATS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Argh...Thanks Rob. I clearly need some hands on help. I reached out to Adobe, they said they no longer support this version. Do you know anyone who I could hire to work with me on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines