• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double clicking on MP4 displays black screen not movie

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 on a MacBook Pro running MacOS Mojave 10.14. Today when I double-clicked on any MP4 file in my Library, the Loupe view opens but the video  display area is black. When I click the "play" button the progress indicator moves but the screen is still black. If I click the Trim button the video frames show and when I click play the progress indicator moves across the frames, but still the large area above the Trim display is black.

I know I have played videos before in LC but I don't play a lot of them so I don't know when this problem began. 
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you restarted your computer?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have shut it down several times over the last few days but problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video has been LR's stepchild since it was introduced in LR 3, with continual reports of playback issues. Maybe others will have better suggestions, but if you look at the many other threads about video in the forums, lots of unsolved problems.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever figure out the solution to this problem. I am experiencing the exact same thing. Any info appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines