Download for Lightroom version 5 updates

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does adobe still have a download link for the lastest build of Lightroom 5? Nothing comes up when I hit update from the software. Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022
5.7.1 is on the site the @thedigitaldog referenced if you search.  Here is the link and the download worked for me. https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html 

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022
The Canon R6 requires Lightroom Classic 9.4 or above to support the R6.  You will have to use the DNG converter

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this site:
Direct download:
https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I looked through the site but couldn't find anything for Lightroom 5 specifically. They seem to support later versions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you have a copy activated and just need to reinstall it? Because the activation servers are dead meaning, a new, clean install isn't possible.

I have a copy of the installer archived for Mac, but unfortunately not for Windows.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a working copy for Windows that's updated to version 5.3. I just wanted the build update to take it to version 5.7 to see if that would resolved a RAW image support issue with the canon R6.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need LrC 9.4 or later for the R6. 

Your best bet is to convert via the DNG Converter and then you can open the files in LrC 5.3 although I would recommend the update to 5.7.1 anyway for the bug fixes it offered. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need LrC 9.4 or later for the R6. 

Your best bet is to convert via the DNG Converter and then you can open the files in LrC 5.3 although I would recommend the update to 5.7.1 anyway for the bug fixes it offered. 

By @Rikk Flohr: Photography

This begs a question from another forum with respect to the R9 and of course newer cameras:

"This requires the DNG-converter that needs OSX10.15 or later, so how can you run the older software on macOSX 10.15 Catalina?"

Am I missing a way for those on older macOS to run the latest DNG converter? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, agree. It "begs a question"-

It seems that the "gate" is closing for obsolete versions of Lightroom!

1) New 'Release' Raw camera files require a recent version of the DNG converter.
2) The DNG Converter requires a recent OS to install and use.
3) Legacy versions of Lightroom cannot be installed in a recent OS.

Basically Lightroom Legacy versions are becoming "Dead in the water"!
Points 2) and 3) are incompatible.
Users or Legacy versions of Lightroom, with Legacy OS systems will need to have a 'Third Party' person to convert camera RAW files to DNG for them.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.3, Photoshop 23.3, ACR 14.3, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.1, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon R6 requires Lightroom Classic 9.4 or above to support the R6.  You will have to use the DNG converter

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will upgrade to a newer version of LR as I'm moving to the R6 fully.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.7.1 is on the site the @thedigitaldog referenced if you search.  Here is the link and the download worked for me.

https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines