• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded photos from Creative Cloud not sorting into dated folders

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After returning from a trip, I used Adobe Lightroom Downloader to download 5,000 photos from Creative Cloud so that I could erase them from my iPad. However, instead of sorting into dated folders as I have set up in preferences, they downloaded into a single folder. To try to get them into dated folders, I then exported then into a new catalog, but that didn't work either. They're still just in a single folder. Short of manually creating dozens of dated folders and manually moving the files into them, is there anyway to get Lightroom to put these into dated folders like everything else in my catalog?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't figure out how to edit this post, but I'm using a Mac Mini and an iPad Pro with Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Downloader, and Creative Cloud. All software is totally up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had no reason or need to use the "Downloader"!

You only needed to set Preferences for a Folder/Date location, and ALL the Cloud files will download automatically to your Classic Catalog and hard-drive, with Classic Sync turned 'on'.

SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC

Having used the downloader you will need further advice on including these files in the Classic catalog.

Can you give more details about your catalog and the location of your image files?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog is on my Mac hard drive, and all of my photos are on an external hard drive. They're in folders by year, and within each are subfolders with year-month-day. Every photo (except for the import from CC) is in a dated subfolder. The imported/downloaded photos from CC are all in single folder with no subfolders at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the actions of the Adobe Downloader App - https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

• The app downloads all your Lightroom photos and videos from the cloud as original files and writes them into a date-based folder hierarchy at the hard-drive location that you specify.
  • The edits made to the raw images are written into the XMP sidecar files that accompany the downloaded raw files.
  • For the photos originally uploaded from Lightroom Classic that only have a Smart Preview synced to the cloud, the app downloads DNG Smart Previews only for such photos.

I wonder why your Cloud files downloaded in one single folder!

Are the photos downloaded from the Cloud already showing (imported) in the Classic Catalog?

Using the folder panel in the Catalog, and a 'Date' filter you can select files by date and manually move them into new 'dated' folders, but that is very time intensive. REARRANGE FOLDERS AS DATED (RHC) 

If indeed you did also see XMP sidecar files (the download included editing metadata), then you next move might be to-

1) [Remove] the 'Cloud' files from your Lr-Classic Catalog (Do NOT delete)

2) Import the 'Cloud' files to your Classic Catalog Using [COPY] and a Date based Import Destination (YYYYMMDD).

You could use [MOVE] for the import but a [COPY] and delete the single source folder at a later time might guard against loss of files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the files on the iPad are also just in one folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The iPad is something else again, that I cannot help with.

Mobile versions of Lightroom do not use "Folders". Image storage is determined by Adobe in the Cloud.

Please post again, maybe in the "Lightroom" forum for others to provide some answers.

LIGHTROOM ECOSYSTEM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines